Advising older clients requires wide ranging skills. The prospect of living longer should be good news, but inevitably it gives rise to a number of concerns:-
- Will I have enough money to cover my needs during my retirement?
- Will my mind remain alert, or may someone have to manage my affairs for me?
- Who will that be?
- What will happen if I become physically and mentally ill and I need long-term residential or nursing care?
- How can I ensure I pass my wealth to the next generation, if I wish to, and yet minimise tax liabilities?
- If I become ill can I decide if I wish to be treated or not?
Advance planning in legal, financial, personal and medical matters, will protect your assets and your independence. Ensuring your affairs are in good order will give you peace of mind and the satisfaction of knowing that you have taken positive action to best protect your interests and that of your family.
We can guide you through issues you may find daunting, including -
- Financial planning to meet the costs of residential/ nursing care.
- Gifting assets without complication.
- Inheritance Tax planning.
- Loss of mental capacity.
- Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Controllership Applications in the High Court.
- Living Wills (also known as Advance Directives)
- Preparation of Wills.
Planning through the ageing process is important and will be costly if ignored.
Please also fee free to visit the following sites for further information: