In 1929 a highly motivated lawyer called Francis Hanna, driven by a strong sense of social justice, opened the legal practice of Francis Hanna Solicitor. Through tireless challenges and a number of landmark legal victories, he made a profound impact on the development of personal injury law in Northern Ireland, particularly in the workplace.
In establishing rights to compensation for those contracting industrial diseases such as asbestosis, he contributed to a safer working environment for many. Previously such debilitating conditions had merely been viewed as unfortunate.
He was succeeded by his son, also called Francis, who brought to the Practice not only a breadth of legal knowledge, but also enlightened business skills from his early experience in the Insurance sector. His dynamic approach to management brought information technology to the practice well ahead of its competitors.
The present partnership which includes a grandson of the founder, has broadened the expertise of the practice in a number of key areas:-
- We have developed specialisms in medical negligence and traumatic brain injury, building on our wide range of experience in personal injury cases.
- We offer a dynamic employment law service in unfair dismissal, equal pay and discrimination whether based on sex, race, religion or disability.
- We maintain our high profile in asbestos litigation.
- Our private client property and probate practice is now complimented by a busy commercial law department with a particular focus on securities.
- We offer a full complement of Divorce and Family Law Services.