We can advise organisations with regulatory responsibilities on all relevant aspects of regulatory and professional disciplinary law and practice.
Our firm has extensive experience in advising regulators and individual professionals for many years and our current Managing Partner, Martin Hanna, specialises in regulation across a range of industry sectors, including law, social care, medical and health professions.
Martin and his team can provide organisations with a comprehensive package of services, tailored according to the individual organisation’s requirements, in the following areas:
- advice on the exercise of regulatory functions and on policy issues
- all areas pertaining to the statutory or non-statutory disciplinary schemes
- acting as legal advisors to regulatory panels
- registration and retention issues
- investigation of disciplinary complaints, whether single or large volume caseloads
- preparation of cases for fitness to practice/disciplinary proceedings, whether related to interim orders, case management/preliminary issues, substantive conduct, competence, health or criminal conviction matters, substantive order review hearings or restoration applications
- case presentation and advocacy in all of the above areas
- acting in appeals against decisions of regulatory panels, whether under internal processes or via statutory appeals to the High Court or Court of Appeal or appeals direct to the Lord Chief Justice
- training programmes
- preparation or review of procedural guidance documents for lay and professional panellists or external legal advisors
For further information or for a free, no obligation discussion please contact our office on 028 9024 3901 or via email on email@example.com